Life on the road can make it challenging for truck drivers to live a healthy lifestyle. Many drivers turn to fast food because it is quick and easy. Fast food restaurants can easily exceed the daily recommended fat and calorie intake for a person in one meal. Truckers who eat fast food for each meal are lacking the necessary nutrients they need in order to be healthy. The healthiest option for truck drivers is to avoid fast food altogether. However, that may not be a realistic option. Check out our guide to healthy fast food options for truck drivers.
Tips for Eating Healthy Fast Food
- Keep your fast-food meals around 500 calories or less.
- Avoid extremely greasy foods: french fries, onion rings, tater tots.
- Choose foods that are low in fat and higher in protein.
- Choose zero-calorie beverages.
- Consider bringing your own healthy sides.
- Go easy on the cheese and salad dressing.
Healthy Fast Food Meals for Truck Drivers
Many people believe that fast food means unhealthy food. Although most fast food is greasy and high in calories, there are some healthy options.
- Grilled Chicken Wrap – Wendy’s: The grilled chicken wrap at Wendy’s is 270 calories. It is high in protein and low in fat.
- Power Bowl Menu – Taco Bell: The power bowls are one of the healthiest menu options at Taco Bell. They are around 470 calories and high in protein.
- Oven Roasted Chicken Sub – Subway: Subway provides a ton of healthy fast food options for truck drivers. It makes it easy to stay under 500 calories. Especially, if you order a salad.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich – Burger King: Grilled chicken sandwiches at Burger King are not only delicious, but low in calories.
- Fresco Soft Tacos with steak – Taco Bell: The steak version of fresco soft tacos have fewer calories, less fat and more protein than grilled chicken.
- Harvest Chicken Salad – Wendy’s: Wendy’s has a variety of healthy salads. The harvest chicken salad is low in calories and has 22 grams of protein.
- Grilled Chicken BLT salad – Dairy Queen: The grilled chicken BLT salad is one of the best salads at Dairy Queen. It is a healthy option for truck drivers and under 500 calories.
Comment below or on our social media your favorite healthy fast food options for truck drivers.
For more healthy food ideas, check out our blog Quick and Healthy Meals for Truckers